Wednesday, January 15, 2014

LadyYuna's Top 10 Fandom Ending Themes

LadyYuna's Top 10 Fandom Endings:

NOTE: I did the Beginning/Starters ... so it seems appropriate to do endings to various fandoms, yes? Again, I'll try to refrain from seeming like I'm copying too much or repeating franchises. But again, the word is try. And given I at least kept to avoiding the latter ... I'd say I did pretty well. 

So .. after searching for quite a while, I honestly couldn't find 20 like I originally wanted. So I've direly shortened it by cutting the list. Sorry in advance; I did wanna try to make it match .. 20 for both Opening and Ending Themes. But .. I couldn't. To make up for the shortness of this, I think I will include some logic behind the choices this time. 

Regardless, hope you enjoy~


#10: "Diamond Star" - Cardfight!! Vanguard Ending




The beginning was far better than the ending. But even still, it did manage to capture the feel of the series pretty damn well honestly. Still, when everything is said and done, there are more endings I can say I enjoy more than this one. And it's a good reason it's so high up on this list. 

#9: "Shadow Hearts" Ending



This is honestly one of the few games where I preferred it for it's plot and story. The music ... it could have been much better. It didn't make me cover my ears and cringe or anything but it didn't immediately grab my attention. I do still think it deserves credit regardless. It does have lovely lyrics that do set the mood for the ending .. which I won't spoil for most people as I know few others who even know of this game. 

#8: "Kiki no Kioku" - Persona 3 Ending



Yes, I realize this isn't the exact version you hear at the end. This is from the original soundtrack. And while I admit, it does sound better with the game version ... that's not the point of this list. Hm... how to explain. It's a hit and miss for me. It's decent, don't get me wrong. But I think some of the music you hear throughout the game would have been a better choice for an ending than this. Honestly, I kinda wish "The Battle for Everyone's Souls" would have been used; or something more akin to that. It has a far better sense of emotions that match the atmosphere by the end of the game. 

#7: "Ame Agari" - Angelic Layer 2nd Ending



More than the lyrics for this, I like the actual ending AMV. Just as the series comes to an end, you get a glimpse on all those who participated and can now have some peace and reprieve from the competitive yet fun game. It's a symbolic thing that I know I'm not explaining overly the best. But really, the words don't fit at all .. so I can't say it's for that reason. 

#6: "Neko Nyan DANSU" - Chocotto Sister Ending



If you've ever been able to see this series by chance ... you'll easily understand why it's listed. Honestly the better question is how can't this be included? It's fucking catchy as hell and best matches Chocotto's overall personality; upbeat, cheerful, optimistic. It does the poor girl justice. Sue me.

>.<

#5: "Bird" - Kuroshitsuji II Ending



Almost every time I see and hear this, it brings me to tears. I'm not sure if it was made to be as if from Sebastian's point of view to Ciel ... but if it was, gods that was perfectly done. And even if not, it's still so beautifully executed. It's a way to get a glimpse of a side we don't get to often see since he's always playing out his role as the devoted and loyal butler. Here .. it's as if he were a fatherly-figure, maybe brother due to them not looking much different in age. It's very touching and everything from the beat to the lyrics is so well done. 


#4: Zetsubou Billy - Death Note 2nd Ending



What can I say? Maximum the Hormone really does awesome music for "Death Note". This gives off the more chaotic feel to the series, especially after the first half of it where the most significant loss happens. I won't say names in case no one knows to avoid spoilers. But from that point ... discord and chaos pretty well dominate the plot. And you get that sense of confusion and no control from this song; well, I do. Plus the first part of the song - Zetsubou - translates into "Despair". And rest assured, that is definitely within the rest of the series, from beginning to end. It fits in pretty much every possible way. 

#3: "Danzai No Hana" - Claymore Ending



I admit that at first, it doesn't at all sound like something that would be included in an anime/manga which consists of all female-warriors who fight with claymores. But I had to re-read the lyrics and I better understood why. Actually, this fits the theme really well ... and not just from Clare's point of view. It can easily apply to any of the women. It kinda describes what they do and how they're likely to feel. When all is said and done, they are still humans; just ones with slight supernatural abilities. Nothing too ... unbalanced but enough to prove the point. 


#2: "Caged Bird" - D.N. Angel, Episode 24 Ending



I know this may seem like cheating because it's for just an episode and not the whole series. But you'd have to be souless to not appreciate it. It really catches the end of said episode especially. Daisuke, essentially, is the caged bird mentioned in the lyrics. And even though this song is mentioned near the end with only two episodes remaining .. if you listen to the entire thing (preferably with subtitles included), it really does describe Daisuke and not just during his darker days but the more optimistic ones as well. It does the series and Daisuke justice in it's own way. 

#1: "Kodoku no Hikari" - Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro Ending



Personally, I found this to be the most unique of the songs. It isn't just the ending theme. It's actually sung by one of the antagonists (well, she's one at first and changes over the series). And actually, her gift is to sing and essentially affect people's brain waves, etc. So I chose this partly due to my love for Aiya and also how she used her musical talents. 

The song along and it's lyrics are more than enough to be ample reasons to put it here. But I would have been irked at myself if I left it as that so I found a reason to better elaborate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment